Can ONE question change your life? My guest for Life on Purpose Episode #94 is award-winning author, yoga therapist, and spiritual coach Jennie Lee, who believes the answer is yes. Jennie is passionate about helping people to create lives filled with purpose and joy and does so with her writing and work.
She joined me to discuss her brand new book Spark Change: 108 Provocative Questions for Spiritual Evolution (just published by Sounds True), in which she brings her practice home to readers everywhere by providing the tools to strengthen our psychological resilience through the process of conscious, introspective questioning.
Jennie joined me for an inspirational conversation in which we discussed:
- Her new book Spark Change: 108 Provocative Questions for Spiritual Evolution;
- Is the question more important than the answer?
- As we are evolving, our levels of consciousness are always changing.
- The importance of meeting people where they are;
- Embracing the question as a process vs.coming up with the perfect answer;
- 12 Essential Themes for Personal Transformation;
- How many times does something have to happen to me before I change?
- The driving question (or two) that was the desire for writing the book;
- Fundamental truth transcending religions and spiritual philosophies;
- Removing the barriers to love and connection and truth and wisdom;
- How these working with these questions can help us heal;
- Her own personal and life journey;
- Much more!
“The question is, ‘How do I keep the flame of personal evolution toward LOVE alive in my heart?’ And ‘how do I ignite the spark of spiritual awakening in others?'” says Jennie.
About Spark Change:
Change is on everyone’s mind, but the first step toward any change begins within your own consciousness. In SPARK CHANGE: 108 Provocative Questions for Spiritual Evolution, Jennie Lee provides a 12-phase personal inquiry process to strengthen your vision of what change is needed and how you can accomplish it pro-actively with clarity and courage.
Through 108 introspective questions, you will learn to listen to your soul and determine what life is calling you to learn or express. Whether examining attitudes that hold you back, or investigating your true purpose, these guided inquiries will help build the psychological resilience necessary to accomplish change from the deepest reaches of spiritual consciousness.
Inspired by the source teachings of classical yoga, the principles of spiritual psychology, and her own inner journey, SPARK CHANGE delves into some of the most enduring questions of psychology, self-improvement, and the spiritual path.
In the book, readers will find:
• Self-reflection questions on 12 essential themes for personal transformation
• Strategies to move beyond limitation into potential
• Help identifying authentic purpose and how to put it into action
• Inspiration for implementing conscious change pro-actively
• Prompts to greater clarity, courage, and conviction
• Ideas for meaningful conversations and creative solutions
To learn more about Spark Change work, visit: https://jennieleeyogatherapy.com/jennie-lee-books/spark-change/
About Jennie Lee:
Jennie Lee is the author of three award-winning books on spiritual living, meditation, and yoga: Spark Change: 108 Provocative Questions for Spiritual Evolution, Breathing Love: Meditation in Action, and True Yoga: Practicing with the Yoga Sutras for Happiness & Spiritual Fulfillment. Her writing has also been featured internationally in magazines such as Mantra Wellness, Light of Consciousness, Yoga Therapy Today and many more. Her essay on the meaning of life was featured in the book Love by Nicolae Tanase.
Jennie is a certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT) who is passionate about helping people to create lives filled with purpose and joy. She has been in private practice for over twenty years.
In her counseling, she blends the universal ideals and practices of Eastern philosophy with the needs and challenges of modern Western living. Her coaching is based on studies in spiritual psychology, yoga philosophy, and body-centered psychotherapy. The diversity of professionals who have entrusted Jennie with their personal growth speaks to her ability to effectively touch a wide range of individuals. Doctors, lawyers, psychologists, celebrity actors, internationally acclaimed authors, military officers, and more have experienced positive change through working with her.
In addition to individual coaching, she has worked with management groups at corporations such as the World Surf League, National Association for Professional Women, Draper Laboratory, Prudential Locations Realty, and the Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center and made presentations on yoga, meditation, and mindfulness at studios, schools, and festivals nationwide.
When she is not writing or coaching, you will find Jennie surfing in Hawai’i or doing headstands on the tops of mountains, making her husband very nervous.
Visit Jennie Lee online at www.JennieLeeYogaTherapy.com.