How do you live your life more deliberately? What can you do to bring more meaning and purpose into your life? What are some tools and tips that you can use to upgrade your your health, happiness, and well-being? If you’re asking those questions, you’re in the right place!
Hi; my name is Gregory Berg and I host and produce Life on Purpose, a podcast which debuted in January 2015. Life on Purpose features in-depth conversations with entrepreneurs, creatives, seekers, and thought leaders from around the world.
Through the years, I’ve been fortunate enough to interview an amazing array of inspirational people whose life work revolves around helping others answer those very questions — creatives, academics, and visionaries like Brene Brown, Dr. Bernie Siegel, Jennifer Louden, Jonathan Fields, Danielle LaPorte, Chris Guillebeau, Susan Piver, Chris Brogan and MANY more.
Now I’m taking that experience and my own interest in a purposeful life to try to help you do the same. Each week on Life on Purpose, my guests and I discuss how they are being purposeful with various aspects as their lives– whether in their daily habits, work and running a business, relationships, health, travel, money matters, or just how they move through their day. Every episode offers inspiration and concrete examples that listeners can apply to their own lives.
From 2011 to late 2014, I hosted another show, the acclaimed Radio Enso- Tools and Inspiration for Conscious Living on the BlogTalkRadio network. Radio Enso, which aired nearly 150 in-depth conversations, has a five-star rating on iTunes. I’m extremely proud of that show, but wanted to take things to the next level with Life on Purpose.
I was inspired to start Life on Purpose and implement some long-needed upgrades via the new show (much better audio quality, no ads, better focus) after spending an amazing four days at Camp Good Life Project (a summer camp for entrepreneurs and world-shakers in New York) in September 2014. Just as I had been motivated to start my previous show after another life-changing conference (WDS-see below), this experience and some excellent advice from John Lee Dumas of Entrepreneur on Fire were the prompt I needed to finally make it happen.
Radio Enso (my previous show):
Radio Enso was a live, weekly conversation in which each episode I aimed to discover what makes other creatives, seekers, and non-conformists tick. We discussed a wide variety of topics including alternative career and lifestyle options, spirituality, travel, philosophy, and optimal living.
My guests included Dr. Brene Brown, Chris Brogan, Nancy Duarte, Danielle LaPorte, Jonathan Fields, Chris Guillebeau, Pamela Slim, Tess Vigeland, Jeff Goins, Michael Bungay Stanier, Tara Gentile, Adam Baker, Brian Johnson, Jennifer Louden, Betsy Chasse, Don Miguel Ruiz Jr., Eric Klein, and MANY others. See my Radio Enso archive page here for a full list.
I started Radio Enso to continue a series of conversations that began at Chris Guillebeau’s World Domination Summit— an amazing annual gathering of creatives and “non-conformists” who each aspire to live a remarkable life and make the world a better place while doing so.
I attended the conference each of its first four years (2011-14) and returned in 2019 and was even fortunate enough to get to speak onstage about my experience at the 2013 conference.
As I saw it, a common thread among participants at the Summit was that success in life, however you define that word, takes place though a CONSCIOUS and deliberate approach to living, doing business, and moving about in the world to create a purpose-filled life.
But where do you start? How do you conquer those fears, distractions, and limiting belief systems which get in the way of living the life YOU really want? What are some TOOLS and strategies that you can use?
In recent years, I’ve been making a living as a photographer, designer, and videographer — what I call a “multi-media storyteller.” But once upon a time, my full-time job was radio host and producer. I started out way back in 1986 doing college radio and over the years, worked my way up the food chain. Eventually, I was on air at the #1 FM station in St. Louis, MO, a Top 20 market, and had shows running in syndication on 15 additional markets.
My journey towards conscious living (and it IS a journey, never a completed destination)began more than 30 years ago. I was profoundly impacted by a near-death experience — a horrific car accident in high school in which the paramedics who arrived at the scene thought we were all dead. That gave me the sense that I was already living on “bonus time”, and the seeds slowly began to plant themselves.
From a “quarter life crisis” and Tony Robbins cassette tapes in my 20s through transformative media like “The Power of Now” and “What the Bleep Do We Know” in my 30s, to my current meditation and energy work practices plus a voracious appetite to learn more and help others do the same, I’ve developed a keen interest in all things “conscious.”
My Journey (so far):
I may sound like your average 50-something, metaphysically curious guy. But it’s been a long journey to get to this point and it never stops. Here are a few nuggets about me:
- I play keyboards and have been in a variety of different bands since the mid-1980s. I write my own music as well and have started to compile original pieces here.
- In 2011-12, I created a 365 Day Photo Project where I took and posted at least one photo per today and wrote extensively about many. Check out the results here or visit my Enso Photography online gallery here for additional examples of my photography.
- In 2008, I gave up my job as Marketing Director at one of the largest YMCA branches in the U.S. to pursue my passion for “creating” things!
- I nearly died at age 18. I was in a horrific car accident and the paramedics who arrived on the scene though we were all dead. Being given a “second chance” changes your perspective on everything!
- In my former life as a DJ, I interviewed Green Day, Crowded House, Weezer, and members of the Clash.
- As a musician, I’ve performed in front of thousands and opened up for Shawn Colvin, Ben Folds, Dada, and many more.
- I’ve been fortunate enough to photograph Tony Hawk on a vert ramp, Jesse Jackson giving a speech, and Billy Blanks leading a kickboxing class, along with thousands more who each have their own story.
- I love to travel! I’ve crossed the United States by car nine times and traveled a bunch throughout Latin America and Europe.
- I’ve written speeches for politicians and CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and designed campaign materials that helped raise millions of dollars for the non-profits I worked for.
- I became a pescetarian for my 40th birthday and have maintained a daily meditation practice since 2014. I also practiced Kundalini Yoga and Meditation for nearly 10 years — all of which provide innumerable benefits to my life and health and well-being.